Thursday, February 16, 2012

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere

Actually, I feel like there are not so many flowers blooming at the moment, which may be why I am looking to dredge up some color for the blog. I've been meaning to give an overview of the flowers that bloom around the school throughout the year. The unfortunate thing is that I don't know the names of the flowers. Of course, we could make this interactive, and people could leave the names in the comments!

January




February




May






July



Year-round




There are a couple flowers that I don't have pictures of - beautiful orange flowers that drape over the fence and violet flowers on a tree near the gate. I also didn't include potted flowers in these pictures.

For the most part these flowers do not have a smell, except the bright pink flowers in May, which have an amazing smell at dusk, almost like a vanilla and floral scent.

Flowers are fun - like a surprise. Many of these flowers only stick around for a couple weeks, and then they leave until the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment