Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Making of a Bench

A few years ago at a local garden I saw a bamboo bench that I really liked. I've thought about that bench since, and wanted one here at school. A few days before school started, I stood around with some of the boys and shared my ideas. Before I knew it they took them and ran with them! They gathered bamboo at the farm and made me a very cool bench!

The boys discussing the design.


Atiwat holding in the bamboo so it could be nailed.


The stripped pieces of wood they put inside the bamboo to make it stronger.


Surachai checking out nature's cup holder!


The three "movers and shakers" on this project - Atiwat, Uaorawet, and Surachai.


The bench getting some use.


When the bench was being hauled away in the truck (to the school) Atiwat said, "My company has a guarantee, if you have a problem with your bench tell me!" Well, no problems to report yet!

Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment