Sunday, December 4, 2011

American Thanksgiving...Thai Style

Living overseas can be a little difficult sometimes. Mostly, it is exciting and fun, but when events or holidays happen at home, it can be a little trying. Fortunately for me, I live near a city big enough to cater to whims of foreigners such as myself. This year for Thanksgiving we went to The Duke's - a popular foreigner spot (and therefore not a lot of "Thai style" like in my misleading post title). Every year, actually, they have Thanksgiving dinner. It's a really nice spread that tastes close to home - as close as it possibly can I think. We had butternut squash soup, rolls, caesar salad, and then turkey with all the trimmings - stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a small dish of cranberries. After that we had a choice of apple or pumpkin pie and a cup of coffee. By the end I was pleasantly full - not stuffed - but I did still feel the afternoon effects of the turkey.

It was a really nice dinner and I felt so thankful to be able to enjoy God's blessings in a familiar way, halfway around the world.

The other two volunteer teachers: Austin and Nathan

The delicious dinner

Dessert!
This is a very belated post - but hopefully everyone's Thanksgiving was great! I am still feeling the effects of it, since it's a good reminder to...BE THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment